Monday, March 29, 2010

Makeover Monday

Good Monday morning everyone! I have one question ~ why do the weekends fly by so fast and the weekdays seem to crawl?? It just doesn't make sense! Seems like I just left work on Friday afternoon and I blink and it's time to go back on Monday morning! Oh well, might as well make the best of it I suppose. The new management company takes over today and I am sure there will be plenty of fireworks before this week is done! Should be interesting!

For today's makeover, I am sharing a project that hubby and I worked on together. I had been wanting some country looking planters for a few house plants I have so hubby decided to make me some out of some scrap pieces of wood he had lying around. Here's what he came up with:



He made me two different sizes and I just love them! But I felt like they needed a little primming up so I got out my red and cream craft paint and some sand paper and went to work. Here's what I ended up with:




I love the way they turned out. I haven't had a chance to re-pot my plants yet, but hopefully I'll be able to get that done this weekend.

Well, gotta run for now. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Until next time. . .

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Donna, it felt the same for me too when I was working! The weekends would just totally fly by!

    Love the country looking planters that your hubby made you and I really love the prim look that you gave to them!

    Thank you so much for visiting with me on my blog!

    Have a good day!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    Hubby did a great job.
    They look wonderful.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna~

    Your planters look great! You guys really did a good job on them. I hope there is not too many shake ups at your job this week!

    ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we should have 2 day work weeks & 5 day weekends...how does that sound?
    I love the planters you & hubby made...they look great! Hope things are going well for you today at work=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea with the plant holder!
    I agree with you on how the weekend just flies by! Hopefully no drama with new mgmt for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute planter..... Good luck with work!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the planters! Glad you're enjoying your sign!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the weekends girl... always flies by!

    Cute planters! I love how you and hubby work together, that's so awesome! =]

    Have a great week my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great. Funny how you can make one old look into a new old look and it looks so much better.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete