Friday, December 31, 2010

Changes they are a comin'. . .




Happy New Year everyone! This past year has really flown by. My wish for all of my blogging friends is that in 2011 all your troubles be as short lived as your New Year's resolutions!!

2011 will bring many changes for me. Hubby and I plan on starting a kitchen renovation that may very well take us into 2012!! We are not doing any structural changes, just cosmetic ones mostly, but we are on a very tight budget and will have to do things a little at a time as money allows. I am very excited to get started and very excited to see the finished product as well. We are going for a french country sort of look in a tan, cream and red color scheme with black accents. I am really into roosters right now so I will be incorporating some of those in my redo as well. I've found lots of inspiration and ideas among my blogging friends and can't wait to share this journey with y'all! I find that my decorating tastes are changing somewhat and I am embracing it and just going for it! I really like the country look wih an emphasis on some primitive touches. I'm finding myself not drawn to the rustic primitive look as much as I thought I was last year. I am now discovering that I like a more simplified, country, cozy look. I don't know if that makes any sense or not! I just feel like your home should be a reflection of what makes you happy, not what is "in" right now. So with that in mind, I am just going to go for it and we will see what happens.

I hope to become more involved in blogging in 2011 as well. Sometimes I don't feel as talented as some of you wonderful crafters out there and I get down on myself so I don't share a lot of the things I create. In 2011, that will change. I figure I am blogging for myself anyways, so if no one else likes what I share, it really shouldn't matter, right???

I also plan to share more recipes as I really enjoy reading a lot of cooking blogs and getting some really great ideas for new dishes to try out. I have found a newly discovered love of cooking during the past couple of years and I want to expand on that.

Well, that's it for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a marvelous New Year!

Until next time. . .

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family Donna!!!! I enjoyed getting to know you too and you are so very talented in your crafting, so no more putting yourself down, K? K! I can't wait to follow along on your remodel project!!! luvs ya girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have lots of work ahead of you, girl. We do all our projects as we have the funds. It takes longer, but definitely worth it in the end!! I love the colors you have picked out for your kitchen, the roosters will look wonderful.

    It's so hard to find the "style" that is just ours. I agree with you... our home is a reflection of who we are. As long as you put love into your home and decorating, then everything else will fall into place.

    Looking forward to seeing some of your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do in your kitchen..be sure and post pictures as you work on it...you are right..we all need to do more of what makes us happy. I am not that great of a crafter either but may start sharing a little more anyhow..if lookers don't like it they can leave with a simple click...right.
    Have a great 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful new year and I can't wait to see your new kitchen..love the color scheme too.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Cousin... Hope this one is the bestest one ever!!

    Love ya
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Donna to you and your family! I can't wait to see your renovations. They sound like they are going to be very nice! :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Donna!
    Your kitchen sounds like a great plan! And I know all about that tight budget.
    Now girlfriend, you have a lot of talents and we are all very happy when you share!
    But most of all, we like hearing about you!
    And I understand about the taste change thing.
    Seems to happen to me a lot!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna and Happy New Year,
    Don't be putting yourself down, you do a great job at the crafts I've seen on your blog. Sounds like a big project ahead and will be fun seeing the end results.
    Lois L.

    ReplyDelete