Sunday, November 14, 2010

Where have I been?????

Hi everyone! Is it just me or does time just seem to get away from everyone else at this time of the year too??? I didn't realize that it has been two weeks since I've posted!

My Mom and brothers are coming in this Thursday for an early Thanksgiving so I've been super busy trying to get ready for their visit. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday and then they will be going back home on Sunday. So I have a LOT of shopping and cooking to do in the next few days. Add to that all the house cleaning chores, working a full time job outside of the home, and trying to get my Christmas tree up and all my other decorations up in time for their visit, and you can understand why I've been absent for so long!

I am attempting to make most of the ornaments for my Christmas tree this year. I want a simple, primitive look and I am really excited to see how it's going to turn out. I will post some pics when I get it all done.

One of my best girlfriends and I enjoyed a "girl's day out" a couple of Saturdays ago. We went to a local Women's Expo which was nice but very crowded. Then we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Cracker Barrel and stopped by a few prim shops. I picked up some cute snowmen ornies, some wooden star ornies, and a cute little metal sign that I have hanging in my office at work to help me remember not to stress over the little things! Here's a pic:



Well, that's about it for today. I have an awesome cookie recipe I will be sharing with y'all this week. It's so simple and great for Christmas Cookie Exchanges. Also, I have a Christmas wreath I'll be sharing with y'all that I've made for a friend at work. It's made using a wire coat hanger and some scrap fabric. A nice, simple gift that's quick to make up and cute too! I'll also be sharing a couple of ornies I've made for my Christmas tree as well as some pics of the finished tree! I'm excited!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic week! Don't forget to be thankful for all the little things!

Until next time. . .

2 comments:

  1. have a wonderful week ahead and enjoy your family for the holidays.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ms. Diva your gonna be a lil busy beaver ! I'd love to get my tree up BUT not sure thats gonna happen right now...Maybe next weekend. Hope ya have a GREAT week Sista ! Enjoy havin' your family there...

    ReplyDelete