Saturday, May 21, 2011

Brownies ~ Quick and Easy!

We are having a "potluck" lunch at work next week with an all American theme to kick off the long Memorial Day weekend. We will be having grilled hotdogs with all the fixins! I signed up to bring a dessert. So I thought, what's a more American dessert than brownies?? I have a tried and true simple, but oh so delicious, recipe for brownies and I thought I'd share it with y'all.



Quick and Easy Brownies

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 pan. Mix oil, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Beat in eggs. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir in egg mixture and mix till well blended. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


You can add your favorite nut to this recipe also, but since I'm taking it to a public function, I don't want to chance anyone being allergic to nuts so I left them out. When I make these at home, I leave the nuts out most of the time as well, since my boys don't really care for them. These brownies are so moist and tasty! And they are easily transportable so that makes them perfect for my potluck work lunch or for a picnic by the lake. You could also easily dress these babies up with some icing and sprinkles to match your occasion's theme. But I'm leaving mine plain for this lunch. Simple, but delicious! Enjoy!

Until next time. . .

4 comments:

  1. oh too bad these aren't on my diet..cause I will tell you these look tasty..;) a tall glass of milk and one of these..have a great weekend.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the brownie recipe. I'm always trying a new brownie recipe in search of that "perfect" brownie. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna brownies were the perfect choice. I am always on the hunt for new brownies recipes. You can never have enough brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visting & for your sweet comment Donna! I'm now following you as well! And yummy on the brownies, one of my favorite desserts! Have a great week! Allison :)

    ReplyDelete