Sunday, May 15, 2011

Prom 2011


Where does the time go? Seems like yesterday my little boy struggled for 34 hours to make his appearance in this big world and now he's a handsome 18 year old senior in high school, getting ready to graduate in a few short weeks. It just doesn't seem possible. But it is. And last night, he enjoyed his senior prom. We had terrible weather, rain and wind and chilly temps for most of the day. But that didn't stop him and his friends from having a great time!

Their theme this year was "Victorian Masquerade". This photo is a picture of the entrance to the high school. The prom is always held in the gymnasium at the high school and has been ever since they started having a prom.


This is Brandon and his date, Morgan. He and several of his friends went together as a group and they all paired up for the pictures. One of the parents held a dinner for the group at their home. He said it was mostly Asian food, which he knows nothing about, but he said it was really good!


And a photo of part of the group of friends. They all arrived in separate cars so it was hard to get everyone together at once for pictures.


"Man in Black"


Brandon and his best buds, Chris and TJ:


They had a great time and made some wonderful memories!

I have been so busy this week trying to get most of the kitchen finished before graduation, which is on June 3rd. Not only is Brandon graduating, but my stepson Scotty is graduating as well. So we are planning a family cook out on June 4th for the boys to celebrate. Needless to say, we are busting our tails trying to get as much of this kitchen reno done as possible. I gave up on painting my cabinets red. I just could not get them to take the paint color. So I went with white, and while it's not what I originally wanted, I am pleased with how they are turning out. I also ended up changing my design on the cabinets as well. You will just have to wait and see what I'm talking about there. We painted our counter tops black and I love them! I can't wait to show them to y'all. But all that will have to wait for another post.

I've had almost no time at all for crafting. I have worked on a few things which I will share later this week.

Until next time. . .

3 comments:

  1. Love the prom pics Donna, looks like they all had a good time:) Wow, I can't believe its been a whole year since my son graduated, and now he's MARRIED with a baby on the way! how the time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Donna! He does look so grown-up and ready to meet the world! My sister's son Justin is also graduating this year and I think he was just a toddler like yesterday.
    And I can't wait to see your kitchen pics, boy that will be fun!
    Hugs friend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on finishing the kitchen redo in time! Your son looked very handsome for his prom!

    ReplyDelete