Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Word for 2013

I've seen several bloggers who chose a "word" for the upcoming year instead of making a lot of resolutions that, let's face it, usually get broken before the first day of the new year comes to a close! So I'm jumping on the band wagon and choosing a word for myself for the new year.
2012 was a good year for my husband and I in a lot of ways. It was also a not so good year for us in a lot of ways. It's so easy to be upbeat and positive when things are going well. But when we hit a rough patch, sometimes it's very easy to sink down to a level of self despair that is very difficult to pull yourself out of. In light of these reflections, I've chosen the word "calm" as my word for 2013. You see, I tend to veer to the side of negativity and hand wringing despair when things aren't going so well in my life. Even though I always make it through the rough patches, I dwell on the bad things that are happening instead of focusing on all the good things that I still have in my life. So for that reason, in 2013 I'm going to learn to:
Because no matter what I'm facing in life, this, too, shall pass!
Have you chosen a word for 2013? If so, I'd love for you to share your word with me.
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment