Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pinterest Inspiration

I loving decorating and accessorizing my home. But in this economy, money is tight and we are trying to live on a budget so there's not a lot of extra money to spend on home decor. I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest. It's amazing all the wonderful ideas that are shared on that site. However, like a lot of other people, my time is very limited, what with working outside of the home at least three days a week and then having to keep up with all the household chores we all have to endure. So I'm all about projects that are simple and don't take a lot of time to complete, but do make a huge impact. Here's some of my favorites I've pinned and plan on completing this year.
This is a super cute idea using wooden utensils to create a paper towel holder.
source
I've seen versions of this next idea all over blog land. I was recently gifted two old salvaged windows from a friend and I'm seriously considering transforming one of them into something like this.
source
This next idea is one that I have already put my own spin on and will share with y'all in an upcoming post. It was simple, quick, easy and has really made a big impact on my bedroom wall. I'm in the middle of a small cosmetic master bedroom redo so this idea was perfect for my "new" bedroom.
source
And, finally, this little chalkboard tray is so cute. I think it would be perfect on a kitchen counter or baker's rack for grocery lists or a favorite recipe. The link to this has been removed so unfortunately, I cannot share credit for where this cute project came from.
There are tons of other projects I've pinned that I would like to attempt someday. There are just a few of my favorites. How about you? Does Pinterest inspire you to create?
Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. love the towels holder idea! ...and anything with chicken wire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great ideas here! Thanks for sharing these! Thanks also for visiting and following my blog...Now I'm YOUR newest follower! =D I'm looking forward to keeping up with what you are doing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Pinterest too! I have so many projects pinned. Whether I ever do them is one thing, but I can go look at them and think...one day! :)
    Thank for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Pinterest is an amazing tool we have these days. Your projects look so interesting. I did the last one with a baking sheet and LOVE it. Thanks for visiting me Donna.

    ReplyDelete