Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."


Hi everyone! First off, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who left me a comment on my last post. This has not been an easy time for me and I have felt like I am so alone. Thanks to all your comments, I now know that's not at all true! I know everyone has down days, but sometimes it seems like everything comes at you all at once and it can be quite overwhelming.

I would also like to say thanks to some awesome on-line friends who made me laugh so hard last night!! Karen, Debbie, TJ, Holli, and Melissa ~ you guys are awesome and I had so much fun chatting with you all. Thank you so much, you truly don't know what you did for me last night! Yes, I still have most of the same problems I posted about before and I know that they won't be fixed overnight, but now they don't seem so daunting and I know that I can handle them. Laughter really is the best medicine sometimes!

I have been doing a little bit of crafting this week. I bought some picture frames from the Dollar Tree that look like houses and have done some small stitcheries to put in them. I haven't taken any pictures of them yet, but I will and I will share them with you next week. I've also tried my hand at making some prim sunflowers and they have turned out o.k. if I do say so myself! I will share those with y'all next week as well. Hopefully, I will be back on track next week with my posting. I've really missed it! I have been trying to stay caught up on my blog reading but haven't really felt much like posting.

My nephew graduates from high school next Friday. That's so hard for me to believe! I used to babysit him when he was just a tiny tot, and now he's all grown up! Time really does fly. My brother (his dad) and my Mom are coming in from Oklahoma for his graduation. I am so excited to see them again. They were just here last month but I really miss them, especially my Mom. I guess we are never too old to want our Mommas are we?

Well, that's gonna do it for me today. I hope everyone has a great Thursday! And remember to cherish your friends, sometimes friendship is the only thing that can save us!

Until next time. . .

Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are feeling better Donna. Yes life definitely gets overwhelming at times. It happens to all of us at some point.
    Can't wait to see all the projects you have been working on. The flowers sound prim perfect. What a clever idea for the little house frames.
    Enjoy your day,
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    Can't wait to see your prim sunflowers!

    Just read your post below and know you're not alone. I know I have felt that way many times like I just mess up way too much! Honestly, I don't know how folks that don't have God in their life make it through days sometimes. That's the only thing that helps me when I get to that point and knowing others feel the same and give me encouragement! So I'm sending you my encouragement and I just prayed for you too!

    Your son sure did look handsome on prom night! :)

    Have a great Thursday, Donna!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh darn'it I keep missing that chat night! Every week I say to myself "I'm gonna remember", maybe I need to tie a prim ribbon on my lil' finger! I hope you are having a better week Donna, and yes, friends are for sure the saving grace during tough times and I consider you a friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna! I am so glad you came on last
    night for the chat! It was a riot, wasn't
    it? I know we were crazy, but if you take
    life too serious, it can get ya down, so
    I am all for being crazy!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,

    We loved having you join us! *BIG HUG* Our problems don't go away but we definitely feel better when we have friends we can be ourselves with. Remember the girls and I are ALWAYS here for you. Just an email away!

    *hugs*
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to hear that you are doing better..and yes!!! laughter is the best medicine..can't wait to see your craft projects too...have a great weekend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, I'm only just catching up on blogs after being mia for a while....
    just remember, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger! We're all allowed to be grouchy, especially when things in our lives aren't going well, so don't beat yourself up. I hope things turn around for you and your family quickly.

    Hugs, hon!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete