Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ~ Tater Tot Casserole!

Hi everybody! I hope everybody had a great Tuesday. Mine was good. The weather here is not so great right now. We have had rain on and off all day and they are predicting it to hang around for the next couple of days. The county fair is this week here so that always means rain!!

For today's Tasty Tuesday, I'm sharing a tried and true recipe with y'all that my family just loves. Some of you may be familiar with this one. If so, then you already know how good this is. There's no meat in it, but sometimes I will make this as the main dish for dinner and serve it with a salad if we want something light. If this is your first introduction to Tater Tot Casserole, give it a try. You won't be sorry!



Tater Tot Casserole

1 2 lb. bag frozen tater tots
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp cause we like the flavor, any kind will do though)
1 8 oz. container sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, mix together soup, onion, 1 cup of the cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly in 9 x 13 baking pan or dish. Pour tater tots over mixture and press them down into the mixture. Cover with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.


I'd like to take a minute to thank all of you who commented on my last post. I had such a fun time making all those signs. My problem is, I have no confidence in my abilities and sometimes that makes me hesitate to show you my work. I see so many really talented ladies here in blogland and feel overwhelmed sometimes. I am so proud of hubby's talents! He does such an awesome job on all his projects, but he is just like me. He thinks his works are no big deal and that no one will think much of them. When I read him y'all's comments, he thinks I'm making them up! So we both really appreciate all the kind words. Y'all make our heads swell!

Well, time for me to get off here and get some stuff done around the house. Seems like there are never enough hours in the day.

Until next time. . .

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar recipe..mine is with a pound of hamburger cooked with one onion chopped..3 cans of cream of mushroom soup..cook for 50 minutes at 350..;) great comfort food...yours sounds tasty too..;) keep up the good work on your painting..you did a great job.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna! Just as soon as I saw the words "Tater Tot Casserole" I just had to rush over and find out how to make this -the RIGHT way! Your recipe sounds like something my family would enjoy! I won't even bore you with my horrors of what I did when I tried to make a Tater Tot Casserole on my own.. Let's just say it involved hot dogs and baked beans mixed in.. not a good idea!! LOL!

    I will try your recipe asap!
    (Oh my gosh Donna... my husband went to Sam's Club and brought home an 8 POUND bag of Tater Tots the last time he stopped in there.. 8 pounds Donna....8 lol) ahh!

    Thanks so much for your recipe!!
    with love,
    Jobeth

    ReplyDelete