Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chalkboard Rooster

I finally got to finish my chalkboard rooster I showed y'all a while back. The weather here in Virginia has been horrendous these past few weeks and because of that, I haven't been able to get outside and get anything sanded or painted. We finally caught a small break in the weather this past weekend so I took advantage of it! I'm itching to get started on my ladder back chairs. I was gonna paint them black, but have decided to try a black stain instead. I'm hoping it will give me the look I want. I've already bought the stain, just waiting for a nice, sunny day with warmer temps to get it done!

Here's a before pic of my rooster. I looked at a picture in a magazine of a rooster that I liked, then drew it freehand on a piece of typing paper. Hubby traced it onto a piece of wood and cut it out for me. We drilled a small hole in the bottom and attached a wooden dowel which we then attached to another piece of wood for the base.



And here he is all painted up! I just love the way he turned out and can't wait to display him in my "new" kitchen when I get it finished. Lord, my life is such a work in process ~ always something to finish!!!



Now, let's eat!!



I'm linking up to these wonderful parties:





Until next time. . .

10 comments:

  1. Awee how cute is he!!! I love it. Are you making any to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Donna! Can't wait to see it in your finished kitchen.

    *hugs*
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. how CUTE!!! I'm thinking of adding rooster's to my kitchen (like I need more STUFF!)
    Whereabouts in VA are you? I'm in western MD south of Hagerstown--the weather has been AWFUL--and now we are getting ICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how he turned out Donna, too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your chalkboard rooster! I'll paint anything with chalkboard paint!

    I tried to email you last week, but for some reason when I clicked on your email link, my computer wouldn't cooperate - I never could get it to work.

    Hope you are feeling better and remember we all go through times like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rooster is super cute! I love all things chalkboard...
    I'm following you back from The Path Before Me, we just moved to VA but I am really loving it!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a rooster fan... love your chalk board. I found a chalk board rooster at good will just last weekend, got a deal on him... sold at $1.

    Mine is made of *(I think)* resin, I'll be posting about him on my blog sometime in the near future. Come on over!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, came on over to check your blog...very nice...I can spend way too much time reading all the ones I like..very addicting for sure...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna, your chalkboard rooster turned out great! I love mine. I can't wait to see your kitchen. You left me a comment about where I purchased the dragonfly fabric, I purchased it at JoAnn's Fabric. I really like the fabric too.

    Have a wonderful evening,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rooster chalkboard turned out so cute! You'll have fun writing little messages on it. It's gonna go great with your kitchen, too!

    ReplyDelete