Monday, April 5, 2010

Makeover Monday!

Hi everyone. Sorry I'm a little late in posting today. It's been one of those days. Too many things to do and not enough hours in the day to get them all done! I hope everyone had a great Easter yesterday. We had a quiet one here at my house. I was actually a bit under the weather most of the day with an upset stomach. Not sure what was up with that but I am fine today, thank goodness!

For today's makeover, I am sharing a makeover I did on Saturday to a console table I have had forever. Here's the before:

As you can see, it was a nice enough table ~ if we were still living in the 1980's!! Instead of throwing it out, I decided I would try to salvage it by doing a primtastic makeover. So I went to Lowe's and found a quart of flat black paint in the "oops" bin. I'm not sure why it was in the "oops" bin except that maybe whoever was puchasing it thought they had chosen another finish. Anyway, lucky for me it was marked down from almost $9 to $2.50!! Can't beat that, right?? The kid and I got right to work on it and two coats of my cheapo paint and a little distressing with some sand paper later, this is what we ended up with:

I am pleased with the way it turned out. It is now residing in the dining area of my kitchen. I forgot to take a picture of it after I decorated it. I will do that in the near future.

Today was a very long Monday for me at work! Things are still going o.k. there but everyone is on edge, just waiting for the other shoe to drop. It makes for some long, stressful days! I am just thankful that I still have a job. I am off tomorrow since tomorrow is the day the kid goes to court for his accident from a few weeks ago. He is so nervous! Which I guess is only natural and I really hope he has learned a lesson from all this. I will give everyone an update on what happens tomorrow.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers for my father-in-law. Hubby and I appreciate each one of them. He is doing somewhat better. They actually let him go home from the hospital late yesterday afternoon. He's a cantankerous old coot and I think he bullied them into letting him go before he was really ready. LOL!! They were probably glad to see him go, if the truth be told! He doesn't hesitate to let you know what he wants when he wants it! Hubby was off work today and he went up to his Dad's house and spent most of the day with him. He said he did seem to be breathing better, although he has to use his oxygen all the time now. I hope he doesn't end up right back in the hospital. The home health nurse that comes in every day wasn't too happy that they discharged him from the hospital. I guess time will tell.

Well, I'm beat and it's almost time for bed. I hope everyone had a great Monday and I pray that Tuesday treats you all good!

Till next time. . .



  1. glad to hear your FIL is home, he sounds alot like my step-father, who is extremely old-coot-ish, LOL! I LOVE the table and hope all goes well for your son tomorrow!

  2. I love the table! You did a wonderful job on it! I am glad that your father-in-law is doing better. I hope he continues to get better and better!


  3. Don't you just love what a little black paint can do for a piece of furniture? I can't wait to see it all decorated!
    Glad you're feeling better & glad to hear that your FIL is home! Hope all goes well for your son! Have a great day!!!

  4. Awesome deal on that black paint! I acquired a coffee table over the weekend that I am going to give a makeover. I will have to check out Lowe's "oops" bin. Didn't realize there was such a thing.. I hope I'm as fortunate as you in finding a great deal! I love the way your table turned out. I'm sure it's prim lovely all decorated up with prims! =]

    Glad your FIL is home now. I hope he recovers and gains his strength soon.