Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday's Tip of the Day!

Good morning everyone! Well, Friday is almost here ~ yippee!! It's been a long week for me even though I'm only working four days this week. I am proud of myself though ~ I have driven myself to work the last couple of days on snow covered roads since hubby has had to work and can't drive me. This is huge for me as I am terrified of driving in the snow. Yay me!!

Now on to today's tips. These are simple but clever tips that can help us recycle and reuse things we all have on hand and usually just throw away:

~ Keep your empty plastic grocery bags in an empty tissue box. Pop one out when you need one. That's recycling two things in one! How cool is that??

~ Don't throw away unused return envelopes that companies so nicely send along with the monthly bills. Cut them in half, write your grocery list on the back, and you even have a pocket for all your coupons!


I have to share this cute pic of Sophie. She is wide open all the time but when she finally crashes, she is out for the count! Isn't she so sweet and innocent looking here?



Well, that's all I have for today. Hope everyone has a great day! Stay safe and warm.

Until next time. . .

Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Great tips and Sophie looks adorable all tuckered out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your header Donna. It really looks fresh.
    Thanks for the tips. They will come in handy.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips Donna. I especially like the one with the envelope. Awww, Sophie is so sweet! Enjoy your day.

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Donna...GREAT TIP ON THE PLASTIC BAG DISPENSER! Sounds like it would work great.
    Sophie is so sweet...
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, thank you so much for the great tips! I get so frsutrated with all my plastic bags and just put them all inside of just one bag..underneath my kitchen sink cabinet, but, I like the idea you shared a whole bunch better! That's a real great idea on using those envelopes too! I usually end up just shredding them.. I will definately be giving these couple great tips a try!

    Sophie looks so cute, and ohhh, so comfortable!

    I'm another one who doesn't like to drive on snow covered roads.. Seems like anytime I have to drive on them, I can always feel my knees a shakin, from me being soo scared to be out driving on them! I guess I just learned over the years, that if I just take it slow and easy, I have more of a chance of making it to where ever it is that I have to go when the roads are covered with snow.. It's worked so far for me! I'd rather be a little late than not make it at all..

    Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great tips! I'll have to try those.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Tanya~new blogger
    www.friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great tips on the coupon envelopes..and you are like me..I hate driving in the snow..grew up in it.but here in washington its the drivers we don't trust..plus they don't know how to take care of the roads...have a good one...your baby is precious..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna~ Great tips! I am proud of you for driving on the snow. Now in the future you may not be as scared because you know you can do it! Sophie looks so cute! That is how Parker and Peyton are. They go full force and then crash. They are such a joy to have though! I hope you have a great day! ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job driving yourself in the snow. I live in the snow belt in Ontario, and have no choice but to drive in snow. I know how scary it can be at times though, so yours is no small victory!! :)
    I just found the tip about envelopes on another blog and thought it was so clever. How is it I did not think of that on my own?? Sophie looks so cozy, makes me wanna do the same, on a much bigger pillow of course. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some great tips! I'm all for recycling! I'm with ya on the driving in snow issue! Don't care for it at all!
    What a cutie Sophie is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. G'eve Donna ~ What great tips ... I save all the blank sides of billings for scratch paper.

    Have a lovely weekend, ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  12. great tips hon! Sophie is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tips Donna. Sophie is sooooo cute. Way to be victorious and conquer those snow-covered roads.

    Have a great weekend,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete