Friday, March 12, 2010

Fabulous Food Friday!

Good morning everyone! Well, we've made it to Friday ~ woohoo!! The weatherman is calling for some heavy rain for the weekend, but I don't care. I have so much crafting to get done, maybe that will give me the nudge I need to stay home and stay busy!!

For today's recipe, I am sharing a wonderful Banana Pudding recipe that my Mom taught me a long time ago. It is always a big hit whenever I make it and of course, it is super simple!



Banana Pudding

1 large box vanilla or banana flavored instant pudding
Cold milk (see box for quantity)
3-4 large bananas (this is variable ~ if you don't like a lot of bananas, use less)
1 8 oz. container of sour cream
1 large container Cool Whip
1 box vanilla wafers

Make pudding according to directions on the box. Mix sour cream and cool whip with pudding. Layer pudding mix, bananas and wafers in pretty dish until dish is full, ending with a pudding layer. Garnish top with crumbled wafers if desired.


This is such a good recipe. The sour cream cuts down some on the sweetness and along with the cool whip, makes this a creamier pudding. I hope you enjoy it!

I will be announcing details regarding my Easter/Spring giveaway tomorrow morning so be sure to check back then! I am super excited about this one!

Well, gotta get off here and get ready for work. Ugh! Oh well, at least it's Friday!

Until next time. . .

Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. OH YUM! That looks wonderful Donna!!!! I made a couple Banana puddin' candles once, lol, why am I always inspired by FOOD??? Hope you enjoy your day and have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UMMM I remember that pudding... practically every weekend!!! And it only gets better the longer it sits!!

    Talk to you soon
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day to find your blog! I needed a new recipe for a girls night and there it is on your blog!!

    I look forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds so good!!! I will be trying it..Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bananna pudding is one of my favorites. This recipe is very similar to one I make.
    Thanks for sharing,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I have a trifle dish, and this sounds delish. My little sister wants to throw a monkey themed birthday for her son who she calls monkey and will be one in April. This would be a great dish served at the party. Thanks for sharing. JGG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love banana pudding. It's one of those comfort foods that just make all life's troubles go away. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.. I will be making it soon.

    Hugs,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the wonderful recipe..I must try this..have a great weekend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post reminds me of grandma's banana pudding. It never lasted long. Hope your staying warm and dry over there in Illinois. Its soggy here in Missouri today.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Donna! I am going to pretend I didn't see that pudding! Chuckle!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day
    Have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Narydon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super easy and good. My son-n-law's favoite dessert! He could eat the whole thing by himself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That not only looks delicious but it is very yummy indeed! I love that recipe. Used to make the traditional recipe till about 10 yr ago and found that one. Now everyone looks forward to my Banana Pudding, LOL. Thanks for sharing that as I'm sure anyone trying it WON'T go back to the regular!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this recipe Donna - it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete