Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Good morning friends! Well, it is STILL snowing here in the mountains of Virginia. I don't believe it will ever stop!! They just now closed school for the day so my son is one happy camper! I still have to go to work so I'm not so thrilled but what can you do? Hubby is driving me today but he goes back to work tomorrow so I will be on my own. Say a prayer or two for me please! I hate driving in this stuff!

Today, in honor of these cold temps, I thought I'd share a warm recipe with you. It's a potato soup recipe that is so good and warms you right up on a cold winter's day!

Old Timey Potato Soup

1 med onion, minced
1/4 cup butter
4 cups diced raw potatoes
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
4 cups milk
few dashes celery seed
salt and pepper to taste
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
chopped green onion (optional)
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)

Saute onion in butter until translucent. Add potatoes, water, and salt and cook until tender. Add milk and seasonings to taste. Simmer a few minutes before serving. Top with bacon, green onion, and cheese. Enjoy!


Stay warm and safe today! Until next time. . .

Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I hate driving in the snow and ice too! That soup sounds devine, I love potato soup, good old fashioned comfort food at it's best;) Be safe on those roads!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy - I think I'll make this on Sunday!!!

    Have a safe day!

    Lucy
    www.farmersattic.com
    www.farmersattic.blogspot.com
    www.lucy43g.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves this...maybe I'll suprise him, thanks for sharing:)

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks so good and perfect for the weather you are having.

    Safe travels to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete